Saturday, September 23, 2006

Hey everybody. I would wave to you, but I have found that to be notoriously difficult to do over the internet. Funny thing.
So I started a blog. To commemorate this occasion, I am going to do nothing. On second thought, I think I will go get a drink of water, but that is more on account of the fact that I am thirsty than that I have started a blog.
In any case, there are two things that I wish to address in this blog:

-Blogs and their impact on society as a whole.
-Newsboys and Third Day.

To begin, I want to clear one thing up. I hate blogs. They are an evil fad, one that should be abhored by all right-minded indivuduals, with the possible exception of university proffesors who enjoy discussing quantum physics and middle-eastern politcs, and emo kids who have nothing better to do that gripe about their mom and how she only bought them a 40-gig i-pod as opposed to the 60-gig model that he/she really wanted. Emo children have a very poor attitude.
On second though, hate is a pretty strong word, and it is one that I try to reserve for such incredibly evil characters such as the Devil himself, as well as annoyingly terrible musicians. So lets just say that up until a few days ago, I strongly disliked blogs. However, I don't strongly dislike them anymore, and that is what I have been trying to say for these two paragraphs so far.
It all started about one half of one week ago, when I was at school and my good friend and cousin Dan told me he had started a blog and told me that he was rather enjoying the experience. I thought to myself "hmmm...Dan is a really solid character, and he probably wouldn't be into these things if there really were just an evil fad..." I decided to have a look-see. I found out that blogs are actually pretty swell! The blogs of Sarah Vanpopta and Ben Bowman stood out to me most of all. Here are two people who are incredibly cool people, both of whom I have a profound respect for. As I read those blogs, I realized there was something really neat that was going on. What was it? Why was I so interested in what they had to say? I am not really sure, but I would venture to say that it is because when one reads a blog, they feel they are connected to that person, that they suddenly have the inside scoop on that person, and that makes us feel close to them, and it is our human nature to enjoy that type of thing. Interesting? Definitely. Creepy? Kinda.
It was when I was thinking about these things that I decided that blogs are a good thing. Why? Because I care what is going on in my friends lives. I want to share in their victories and help them through tough times. I want to learn from them. I want to worship and praise my God with them. But if I don't know about that stuff...how can I help? How can they help me? I don't see my friends all the time, so blogs are an awesome way of keeping up with everybody.
Blogs let us know that we are all in this together. They give us community. And those are my inexperienced thoughts on blogs.

As for my second topic I would just like to say thank you to Third Day and Newsboys for making awesome music that both me and my Mom can rock out to.

peace & love

Shirt

2 Comments:

Blogger carolin said...

is that you ryan?

Sunday, September 24, 2006 8:58:00 AM  
Blogger joel muiS said...

Hey Ryan, it's your insanely good looking cousin Joel.
Welcome to the blogging blandwagon. It can be a lot of fun, but it can also be a pain. You get used to it.
Later dude

Tuesday, September 26, 2006 5:16:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home