Thursday, May 15, 2008

a pencil and nail gun

This post has been a long time in coming. The last post I made was on April 24...it's now May 15th. There a variety of different reasons for this lack of activity which I won't get into because that would be terribly boring.

The last couple of weeks I have been working for Tim Kieft. We put the trim around windows and porches. It's pretty fun. The work is decent, but the guys I work with are really great. We have a really good time laughing and joking around and throwing stuff at each other. It's really cool having a job where you can work from 7:00 in the morning until 6:30 at night and not be mad about doing the same thing again the next day. That kind of summer job is tough to come by.

One thing I find frustrating about working such long hours is that it is really tough to find time to be alone and to be quiet with the Lord. It's so easy to just get into the routine of work and sleep and just go with it, without putting any really effort into prayer or Bible study. I'm really glad that God is more faithful than I am.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lawren said...

regarding your last point...
Hear, hear, although I only work 7-4:30, I come home and laze about far too much.

Tuesday, May 20, 2008 9:39:00 PM  
Blogger Carol-Lee Joy said...

Oh the joys. I haven't even started my summer job yet and I'm tired all the time! Oh dear...

Wednesday, May 21, 2008 1:29:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home