Thursday, December 28, 2006

?

here I stand head in hand, turn my face to the wall...

Beatles

---

Sometimes I worry about the fact that I connect much better with non-Christian musicians than their Christian counterparts.
Why?

I find myself in a constant state of questioning.

Why did I just do that? What are the consequences of normal things that I do every day? Why should I care? Am I the only one who thinks that Reformed Christians in this day and age are extraordinarily hypocritical, myself included? Is it possible to be human and not be hypocritical? Have I been lulled into a false sense of security?

Questions, I've got some questions.
I'd like some answers if you please
Give me truth, logical explanations
To long I've lived the life of ease
I'd like some answers if you please.

In short, dear God, increase.

---

I am in love with the fact that everything leads back to God.

So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.
- 1 Corinthians 10:31

2 Comments:

Blogger Bekah Leigh said...

i think people connect more with good quality music and down to earth, realistic lyrics whether they be Christan or not. so many "Christan" bands are just fluff. the music itself is bad and the lyrics sre often false fronts and hypocritical. kinda like saying "everythings wonderful! we have jesus so nothing is ever wrong". but really, deep down inside people are hurting. christians go through crap as much as non christans do it's just that so many times we feel we have to hide our messed up lives and pretend its all fine and dandy. that's my issue with "christan" music. it might be yours too.

this is a really long comment but i thought you might appriciate it anyways.

Thursday, December 28, 2006 2:47:00 PM  
Blogger Joel f said...

I think Bekah's right--non-Christian musicians often (but not always) express the hurt in the world better than their Christian counterparts, but as Christians we ought to find more truthful answers...or at least find a way to deal with the questions, even if its prayer, not action. You said it--it always leads back to God.

Thursday, December 28, 2006 3:03:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home