Thursday, January 31, 2008

Education is important, it makes a man complete

But everything I learned in school I learned again on the street.

---

Sometimes I think really crazy things. Questions and ideas and questions about those ideas will be swirling around in my head and consuming my waking moments, which tend to be longer because I can't sleep because I am thinking constantly. This makes me really tired, which makes it more difficult to think, which makes me think more, which makes me sleep less. It's a vicious cycle.

Lately I've been thinking about the Bible, and that I should probably start taking it a whole lot more seriously.
I've been thinking about relationships. You really shouldn't mess around with them because they can really hurt. I just wish I could do something about it.
I've been thinking about disappointment. Does it make sense to be disappointed? God always has a better idea. Consider it pure joy my brethren...
I've been thinking about the city of Hamilton. It's really ugly. It scares me. I think i'm in love with it.
I've been thinking that I need to read more books and start studying things more, because I have no idea what is going on.

love,
Ryan

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I found an "I'm" lying around... I think it fell out of your post...

I think it does make sense to be disappointed. Particularly in ourselves. Just because God is amazing enough to work imperfect things to our benefit, doesn't mean we can't be disappointed with the imperfections. I think that's what you meant...

Also, I think your first statement ('Lately I've been thinking about the Bible...') and your last statement have a lot to do with each other...

Saturday, February 02, 2008 12:05:00 AM  
Blogger Ryan said...

Thanks brother. Some good points. Food for thought, as it were.

Saturday, February 02, 2008 12:17:00 PM  
Blogger Carol-Lee Joy said...

hey Ryan. I don't know how to encourage you, but I want to. I know you're an encouragement and inspiration to me. keeping you in my prayers.

Saturday, February 02, 2008 4:18:00 PM  
Blogger Randy & Karen said...

Hey Ryan,
"... he takes great delight in you.."
sword drill for you :)
And words that usually invoke a smile.
You should check out a book called Under the Overpass, not sure if you've read it already but I think it may interest you. Let me know if you need the author, can't think of it off hand.
Strength to you brother!
r&k <><

Thursday, February 14, 2008 7:54:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home