Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Wednesday, February 6, 2008 - 4:35 pm

As a homeshooler, I never had much opportunity to enjoy snow days. Years 1-12 were spent being educated in the same place that I lived, so the rules of snow days never applied. Sometimes in elementary school my mom would let us have the day off anyway so we could run around and play in the snow, but my entire highschool career was completed without a single official snow day.
I'm not mentioning this because I want to complain. I wouldn't trade my homeschooled years for anything. In fact, I feel that I can appreciate a day off all the more now that I am in university because they are not something I have experienced in the past. Today, for example, a mid-term was rescheduled because the school was closed. This is an entirely new experience for me. Imagine - postponing a major test just because of a little bit of snow! It seems ridiculous, but it is a welcome break, and it gives me a really great opportunity to catch up with some studying - back at home where I started in the first place.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow. so.... open mouth, insert foot.

Wednesday, February 06, 2008 7:44:00 PM  
Blogger Carol-Lee Joy said...

haha, I hear you Ryan! Actually...I'm still there. That's what I get for teaching myself:P

Thursday, February 07, 2008 12:18:00 PM  
Blogger justine said...

catch up on blogging too eh.

Friday, February 08, 2008 1:29:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home