Saturday, September 30, 2006

Please stop looking like that, you are making me hungry.
I can't understand what the problem is, everything seemed fine yesterday.
What are your symptoms, doctor?


D'y'know what really is starting to get me right peaved? Bush gripers. People who have jumped onto the "I hate President Bush and everything he stands for even though I don't really know or care what that is" bandwagon. Green Day writes a "rock opera" called American Idiot and suddenly the whole country hates their President. It seems that every American musician has suddenly decided that it is their patriotic duty to have at least one political song on every album that they put out.
A message to Green Day and their millions of 12 year old fans: We liked it when you wrote songs about drugs and feeling sad! It was annoying, but at least it was amusing!

It has occured to me that this is a somewhat political post in itself...how delightfully ironic.

Dan, Nate, Anton, Sarah, Dayna, James and I had Bible Study at the ol' Mohawk today. We studied Nehemiah 2. It was really cool. We did it in the pub. There were all kinds of people on tables around us drinking and playing poker and what not and were were studying God's word. Wow, talk about cool. "so I prayed to the God of Heaven" Thanks a bunch guys, I feel really encouraged.

not my will but Yours

This evening I went to Cassy's church to help them set up their new chairs in the sanctuary. They are really nice, and super comfortable. Once all the perfectionist dutch people had everything measured out where they wanted them to be, we finally got around to putting the chairs in their proper spots. It didn't take very long once us young folks got going on the actual work. It's was actually pretty fun, hanging around with old people and staying out of their way while they did their thing. Plus, afterwards there was coffee and cake, in the true Dutch tradition. Who can not have a good time when coffee and cake are present. I supposed if you didn't have a mouth it wouldn't be that great, but i've heard that a high percentage of humans have those.

Things are looking up:
*None of my family members or friends died today, nor did they catch any diseases that will cause them to do so in the near future.
*no matter how little attention I give her or how mean I am to her, my dog is always incredibly stoked to see me.
*I have a mouth, and I am not physically deformed in any way.
*sweaters
*salsa
*God is good...all the time.
*lists
*words in the dictionary
*I do not own a fish

I am becoming increasingly vague...i'm not sure whether it is artsy or 1:00 in the morning, but I am leaning towards the latter.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ryan said...

hey sarah...That's an interesting point. I think that our generation has a huge lack of respect for those in authority over us, both in Canada and the United States. It is important to remember that God has put those people in authority, and we have to respect that. Nehemiah was good at that. He was good at lots of stuff!

Monday, October 02, 2006 3:18:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home