Friday, July 06, 2007

the sprouts are growing

so i'm home from my first week as a Staffer at Campfire. It was intense...even though Sprouts week is only 3 days long, it was extremely tiring. I think that this is mostly because I was trying to figure out my role on staff, and what my responsibilities were, which was stressful. Nautica is doing an awesome job of teaching me how things go, but I forget how to do stuff lots and I mess up my words when i'm talking to people.

In many ways the Sprout campers who came to camp this week reminded me of me. They messed up their words a lot, they couldn't take care of themselves, they had a hard time paying attention when people talked to them, and they (for the most part) tried very hard to please.

Campfire is a humbling experience, an encouraging experience, and a tiring experience. It's an experience. And it is good.

---

I love learning things that I already knew.

---

Pray had, pray often.

love,

Capo

3 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

We miss you Ryan. Really glad to hear that God is using you and growing you this summer.

Monday, July 09, 2007 11:18:00 AM  
Blogger Ben said...

you have the best job in the world.. God bless.

Tuesday, July 10, 2007 3:51:00 PM  
Blogger Carol-Lee Joy said...

i'm praying for all you staff and counsellors and campers.

sounds like you're having a good time, even though it can be stressful. can't wait to see you in action in two weeks minus two days:) i hope to learn a lot as well. and try to share my limited knowledge of God with my cabin-pack.

Tuesday, July 10, 2007 6:53:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home