Saturday, February 16, 2008

backyard mission

Starting tomorrow (Sunday) evening I am going to Hamilton for a week long mission trip with around 20 other Redeemer students, working with several different agencies in the area. I'm really excited about this opportunity to get more involved with the city and become more aware of the opportunities to serve. I think it is one of the best mission trips around because it doesn't involve going to really far away places and spending huge amounts of money on plane tickets etc. It's where I live, and I get to serve right here. Who knows, it may open the door for more long terms service in the future.
It's going to be really challenging and exciting. I'd appreciate your prayers for me, for our group, and for the people that we come into contact with. I'm leading a small group of 5 people which means I'm in charge of getting us to the job site each day and motivating and encouraging them, so please pray that I will be able to lead them in strength and in truth and that I will be organized and energized enough to build strong relationships with them.

By the way, if you are wondering why we are going on a mission trip to Hamilton, you should probably spend more time hanging out downtown. You'll figure it out real quick.

6 Comments:

Blogger Tim said...

Sounds pretty awesome. God bless.

Sunday, February 17, 2008 4:32:00 PM  
Blogger T. Rev said...

Looks like the start of a great experience! Be thinking and praying for you and your group.
God bless.

Tuesday, February 19, 2008 5:40:00 AM  
Blogger Carol-Lee Joy said...

I'll be praying for you.

Tuesday, February 19, 2008 2:56:00 PM  
Blogger mieke. said...

Hi Ryan, I hope youre having a real good week. I've been praying for you guys. God is giving you crazy good opportunities.

I think that sometimes we cling to mission trips too much. Our lifes have to be one big mission trip. You know what I mean? And I know it sound kind of lame. I just hope I can learn more to make the most of opportunities. To point more to Jesus. For that I dont neccesarily need to go to Far away places. (altough if God gives you the opportunity you should.) Im not sure what I'm trying to say. I hope i'll see you soon.

Wednesday, February 20, 2008 12:55:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

may God use you for his glory brother! my prayers are there
peter

Thursday, February 21, 2008 10:12:00 AM  
Blogger Sarah vP said...

ryan . . i'll pray that you will be able to show Christ by what you do and who you are.

Saturday, February 23, 2008 11:23:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home