Thursday, November 09, 2006

battleship sunk, yet for some unexplained reason remains afloat.

Y'know that feeling that you get when you right a mid-term and you thought you did pretty good and then you get the marks back and you really kinda bombed it?
I am experiencing that right now. I have been for the whole day. Mostly because I just got the marks back for an exam that I thought I did pretty good on and it turns out that I really kinda bombed it.

On my theory exam there was a big, fat, ugly, 18/29. Losely translated that is 62%.

Sigh.

Study Hard.


-----

I listened to Sufjan Stevens' "Enjoy Your Rabbit" album today.
Sufjan Stevens rocks my world.


Where am I going?

Great is His faithfulness.

Cassy texted me this today: "The Lord Almighty is the one you are to regard as Holy, He is the one you are to fear, He is the one you are to dread, and He will be a Sanctuary." Isaiah 8:13-14a

It hit me because when we fear God, when we dread His condemnation, that is exactly when he is our refuge. Crazy because human instinct is to run away from things that we fear...and awesome because of the same reason.

I like my girlfriend, she is a rock.

2 Comments:

Blogger carolin said...

I am afraid I may have that same feeling in about 3 months - the one where you think you did really well on a test, but didn't. It's been many years since I had that feeling.

Friday, November 10, 2006 5:28:00 PM  
Blogger Joel f said...

I think there isn't any question about how your ship is still afloat--Cassy's right on! You guys rock!

I hope to avoid that feeling you're talking about--I wrote a mid-term on Thursday in English...

Saturday, November 11, 2006 7:12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home