Wednesday, October 18, 2006

of Black Emperors and sleepless nights.

Currently Listening to: Godspeed! You Black Emperor- F#A#

I put that there because I am jealous of Xanga users and their "currently Listening" option. But that is the only thing I am jealous of.

Lately, I have not been sleeping well. I think the stress of post-secondary education is getting to me. Last week at this time, I was sick as a dog, and really really tired, but I just couldn't sleep, because I kept thinking about how much work I had to do and how important it was that I go practice and study. Ever since then, I just haven't slept well. As soon as I get to bed my mind is filled with all the things that I need to do. Write this paper, memorize this scale, notate this song, do the reading homework, study for that test. On top of that, I have to fulfill my duties as Vice Prez of the Youth Group, and get everything together for Living Worship this weekend. WHY WON'T YOU LEAVE ME ALONE?!
The part that makes me most frustrated is that I seem to be the only one in my entire class who feels any anxiety about learning all this stuff on time. Either I am really stupid, or everyone else is just trying to look cool.
Maybe it's just because I am making way to big a deal of everything since I have never been to school before. I don't really know how teachers will react to stuff and what I can do about it. Maybe. I doubt it.
Anyway, all I can do is keep studying, and praying that I will get some sleep soon.

In other news, Scott and Sarah I have come up with a new slogan for our emo band! "a heart that is not bleeding is a heart that is not beating." Get it? It's cool because hearts bleed...that is sort of their function. Let's make t-shirts.

Awesome thing that happened today: This morning my mom gave me a caramilk bar. Thanks mom!

4 Comments:

Blogger Ryan said...

thanks sarah

Thursday, October 19, 2006 11:29:00 AM  
Blogger Joel f said...

I hear you, man. And all those cynical fourth-years who tell us that first-year is easy are no comfort either. I'll pray for you too. I find that in my life I'm getting my work done at the expense of things that I thought I couldn't live without, and when I actually have a few minutes I don't want to use them, I just want to sit and do nothing for a while. You need to recharge, but there are more important things than that...

I'm not going to be at LW 'cause I've got family comin from waaaaay out west, but I'm remembering you guys! I hope it all goes really really really well! :D
~keep the love flowing

Thursday, October 19, 2006 3:18:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

duuuuuuuuuuuude.... that is the best slogan ever!

BLEEDING HEARTS THROUGH THE MIDSTS OF DESPAIR-- WHAT WHAT!

im proud of you for working so hard. perserverence my friend.

Thursday, October 19, 2006 9:44:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

rough transition to go through.. but some things get easier in the later years, whereas yes, others get harder. (social easier, academic harder). that's why some people take a year off inbetween HS and Uni... although in retrospect of course some of us wish we hadn't.

Press on.

Friday, October 20, 2006 12:43:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home