Tuesday, January 16, 2007

thoughts on the Others phenomenon.

phenomenon is a funny looking word.

---

Something that was pointed out to me by my wonderful "g slash f".

Love your neighbor as yourself.

Lately I have been falling into a mindset of self deprecation. Since Campfire! Discovery Week three, I have been trying very hard to focus on Others. I'm sure you will agree that this is good, but you will notice that the verse says "love your neighbor as yourself". I've been forgetting that. While I am to wholeheartedly serve others, I am also to care for myself. I have let myself get run down and tired, and in turn I have been less able to serve others.

I am supposed to love myself?

Well, that's what it says. Why does it feel so unnatural?

4 Comments:

Blogger Tamara said...

Ryan! I was so happy to read your post. I dont think I was the only one worried about you.
Start with sleep, and go from there;)

Wednesday, January 17, 2007 5:45:00 PM  
Blogger undoubtably_me said...

Yeah, Ryan, we all think you're The Man, and we want to keep said Man around for a while. Take a break!

Thursday, January 18, 2007 9:25:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

something that never hit me until I read your post..... it's odd that the verse doesn't say "more than yourself", just "AS yourself." Seems we should love ourselves and others the same amount. Which rules out complete and absolute selflessness.


btw it looks like a spammer has found your blog.

Thursday, January 18, 2007 4:56:00 PM  
Blogger Ben said...

yeah, it is unnatural. strange feeling, that. i feel like i should type something here, but the overwhelming feeling is kind of a "hmm" sound. God bless brother!

Friday, January 19, 2007 4:25:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home