Wednesday, February 21, 2007

we can swim in your kidney

I am a whiner. I don't know why. I think I like it when people feel sorry for me. Maybe I think that complaining about a situation or event will make it better. I don't often consider suffering to be pure joy.
I don't think I know what suffering really is. In fact, when things are put in perspective, I believe that what I think is suffering is really very minor discomfort. "Consider your minor discomforts to be pure joy, brethren"

---

I was talking to a good friend of mine today about Lent. Lent is good. Lent is something that I want to be a part of. I think I'll give up TV for Lent. Movies, TV shows, all that stuff. Aha, even better, no YouTube OR TV.

That's it, no YouTube or Television for Lent.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a pretty sweet thing to do!
i think that i am not going to shave for Lent.
hope it doesn't get too hard!

Wednesday, February 21, 2007 10:53:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know lent isn't observed usually in presbyterian (and reformed) circles, but I think it sounds like a good idea.
I can think of a lot of things I should give up for lent... or for good.

Thursday, February 22, 2007 12:20:00 AM  
Blogger Tamara said...

Haha James..I thought lent meant giving up something that you liked...unless you like shaving. :)
Good idea Ryan..by the way, I have never thought of you as a whiner, ever.

Thursday, February 22, 2007 7:02:00 PM  
Blogger Randy & Karen said...

Lent is a great idea. Giving things up for Christ - helping us to focus on His great sacrifice. Anyway, i just wanted to say hi. Randy

Thursday, February 22, 2007 10:32:00 PM  
Blogger Tala Azar said...

sweet, lent is awesome. i was contemplating deleting my facebook account but then they did it for me. made things simple.

in general i want to get rid of computer time. but what ELSE is there to do? i have to answer that before i can abstain. maybe i'll find out if i abstain.

have an en-courage-ing time without THOU TV/TUBE

Friday, February 23, 2007 6:07:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home