Friday, October 06, 2006

60 dollar bills = Eternal Peace

Hey everybody. How are you all doing?
I've got something super cool to talk about today. I am continually amazed at the way God is taking care of me, even though I have such little faith.
So as you have read in previous posts, I don't have alot of money, and I've been kind of worried about it...but not anymore, because I know the Lord will provide. A few things happened this week that really confirmed that for me.

As I told you before, there is a hole in my gas tank. This is not only really expensive to fix (roughly $400), but until I get it fixed it is costing me a fortune in gas. It also has a dent in the trunk, which is starting to rust up, the tires are getting old, and pretty much have 0 grip in any kind of unpleasant weather. The brakes are kinda messed up and will need to be replaced soon...all this will be pretty expensive, as I am sure you know. Every time I turn left it makes a wierd noise.
I don't really have any money to do anything besides drive to school and do school work. Which isn't really so bad in a way that will make me not able to live, but you know how it is...I can't afford to do anything fun.

Anyway, I got home on Wednesday evening, and my dad tells me that he found a 1993 Nissan Altima at the dealership in Milton and he was gonna go get it. It has all the parts on it that I need, and more. It's the same colour so I can swap the trunk lid out so that mine isn't rusting anymore. It also has some cool stuff that I don't really need like super nice new headlights and taillights, with cornering lights. It has a spoiler, and it has alluminum rims with 4 wheel disk brakes. It has 4 brand new Michellin tires on it, which all together are worth about $400.

All this, for $460. And my dad is paying for it.

And, as if this isn't enough, I got a $60 cheque in the mail on the same day. It was from Reformed Bible Conference. I recorded the conference last spring, and I told them I didn't want to get paid. I guess they wanted to pay me anyway.

Praise God from whom all blessings flow. He is always faithful!

2 Comments:

Blogger carolin said...

Our God is an awesome God! He Reigns!

Saturday, October 07, 2006 4:22:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

great job on the entertainment saturday night! the bathroom/rollercoaster gag was a hoot. pass on the kudos to the other guys.

Monday, October 09, 2006 9:29:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home